Lemon Pineapple Pie Recipe
- 1 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Sliced lemon, strawberries and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or lightly browned; cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine dry pudding mix and 1-1/2 cups water; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened; cool.
- 3. In another large saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil. Add gelatin powder; stir to dissolve. Stir into pudding mixture. Add pineapple; cool completely.
- 4. Fold in whipped topping; pour into crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Garnish with lemon, strawberries and mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (calculated without garnish) equals 189 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Lemon Pineapple Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.