- 1 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Sliced lemon, strawberries and fresh mint, optional
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or lightly browned; cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine dry pudding mix and 1-1/2 cups water; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened; cool.
- In another large saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil. Add gelatin powder; stir to dissolve. Stir into pudding mixture. Add pineapple; cool completely.
- Fold in whipped topping; pour into crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Garnish with lemon, strawberries and mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Pineapple Pie(2)
Sort By :
So refreshing and good. Took it to our ladies meeting at church and everyone loved it.
I couldn't find the "sugar-free" cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix and used halal lemon gelatin (made from vegetable), so I was worried about how it might turn out. The non-sugar free boxes are heavier (e.g. 3 oz instead of .3 oz) and I searched online forever to see what the equivalents were and if it was okay to use the regular boxes with no luck. It was a little risky, but it ended up tasting just as refreshing. It wasn't as beautiful as the above picture because of the pineapple chunks... so it might be worth it to puree them first. Anyway, hope that is helpful for anyone that might try modifying this recipe. :)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Pie Crust >
- Berry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Graham Cracker Crust Pies >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >