Lemon-Pepper Veggies Recipe
The must-try medley is a breeze to make in the microwave. Guests are surprised that this quick dish is so flavorful.—Linda Bernhagen, Plainfield, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and water. Cover and microwave on high for 3-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 75 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC