Our Test Kitchen tossed together this colorful side dish that’s sure to brighten up any dinner table. The mild seasoning lets the veggies’ fresh flavors shine.
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine green beans and water. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in squash. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes. Cover and cook 30 seconds longer or until heated through; drain. Gently stir in the butter, lemon-pepper and Italian seasoning. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Pepper Vegetables in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p43
Reviews forLemon-Pepper Vegetables
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2012
"I did not care for this recipe. I think it may have been a lot better if cooked on the stove. I found the green beans to be too rubbery when cooked in the microwave."