Our Test Kitchen tossed together this colorful side dish that’s sure to brighten up any dinner table. The mild seasoning lets the veggies’ fresh flavors shine.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine green beans and water. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in squash. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes. Cover and cook 30 seconds longer or until heated through; drain. Gently stir in the butter, lemon-pepper and Italian seasoning. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Pepper Vegetables in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p43
Reviews for Lemon-Pepper Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review