- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine green beans and water. Cover and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in squash. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes. Cover and cook 30 seconds longer or until heated through; drain. Gently stir in the butter, lemon-pepper and Italian seasoning. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Lemon-Pepper Vegetables
"I did not care for this recipe. I think it may have been a lot better if cooked on the stove. I found the green beans to be too rubbery when cooked in the microwave."
"This is a good, easy, healthy, and pretty recipe. The vegetables are fresh and retain a lot of their nutrients."