- 2 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, cheese and salt; cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted. Drain pasta; add cheese sauce and toss to coat. Keep warm.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute peppers in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with lemon peel and pepper; mix well. Toss with pasta mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Pepper Pasta in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p43
Reviews for Lemon Pepper Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review