Lemon-Pepper Green Beans Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and seasonings until blended. Transfer beans to a serving bowl; drizzle with seasoning mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 92 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Lemon-Pepper Green Beans
"A fantastic green bean recipe! My children and I don't usually like green beans, but we can't get enough of these! I have to stop my 7 year old from stealing from other people's plates!"