“This entree is a favorite for days when I volunteer for area activities and don’t have much time for dinner.”
Phyl Broich-Wessling - Garner, IA
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large skillet, cook
- chicken in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on
- each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the green onion, lemon juice, sherry,
- Worcestershire sauce, mustard, lemon-pepper and remaining butter.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated
- through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 238 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot