- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the green onion, lemon juice, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, lemon-pepper and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon-Pepper Chicken
"The lemon juice really stood out to us in this recipe. It was good, but I'm going to cut back on the lemon juice next time or use the juice of a real lemon."
"Absolutely delicious! I didnt have green onions so used yellow onions and still great.. cant imagine how good it should taste with the green onions. This one is a winner!"