- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and garlic until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, lemon peel, baking powder, pepper and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended (dough will be stiff).
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, roll each portion into a 12-in. log. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully transfer to a wire rack; cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a sharp knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes on each side or until golden brown and firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Pepper Biscotti in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p56
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon Pepper Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review