Lemon-Pecan Wild Rice
Rice is a unique accompaniment to turkey ro any number of meaty entrees. This dish has just the right amount of lemon and nutty flavor.
—Diane Kensinger, Manheim, Pennsylvania
4-6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 55 min.
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, rice and butter to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until rice is
- Stir in the onions, parsley, lemon peel and juice. Stir in pecans.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 209 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.