Rice is a unique accompaniment to turkey ro any number of meaty entrees. This dish has just the right amount of lemon and nutty flavor. —Diane Kensinger, Manheim, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 5 Do-able, Delicious Menus for Mother's Day
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, rice and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the onions, parsley, lemon peel and juice. Stir in pecans. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Pecan Wild Rice in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p125
Reviews for Lemon-Pecan Wild Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review