Grated lemon peel brings delicate flavor to this rice side dish while pecans add a satisfying crunch. Cindie Ekstrand of Duarte, California sent the recipe for this crowd-pleaser that can be quickly prepared. "My sister gave me the recipe," she writes. "It's easy to make and very tasty."
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Meanwhile, melt butter in a nonstick skillet. Add the pecans; saute until golden. Stir in the lemon juice and peel. Pour over rice and stir to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Pecan Pilaf in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p42
Reviews for Lemon Pecan Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review