Lemon Pasta with Spinach Recipe
Healthy spinach, garlic and lemon combine to coat angel hair pasta for a lovely side that’ll freshen any meal. —Charlene Anderson, Bonney Lake, Washington
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the spinach, lemon juice and peel, salt and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
- 3. Drain pasta. Add to skillet; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 184 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC