A splash of lemon and dash of chopped parsley make this orzo one of my family's most requested springtime sides. It's fantastic with chicken, pork and fish, or eat it on its own as light lunch. —Leslie Palmer, Swampscott, Massachusetts
Featured In: 25 Fast Spring Veggie Sides
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. Transfer to a small bowl; drizzle with oil. Stir in remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Parmesan Orzo in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Reviews for Lemon Parmesan Orzo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2014
"Nice, easy side dish. I toasted the orzo first for a bit more flavor."
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2014
"Nice and light. Assembled quickly. "Lemon" in the name is a bit misleading. There was only a slight hint of lemon in the overall flavor. Nonetheless, a keeper."