- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash salt
- 2/3 cup each fresh blackberries, blueberries and raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto, optional
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over half-and-half; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in the whipping cream, honey, lemon peel and salt. Cook and stir until blended. Pour into seven 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or until set. In a small bowl, combine the berries, sugar, lemon juice and Amaretto if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Unmold panna cotta onto dessert plates; serve with berry mixture. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Panna Cotta with Berries in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Panna Cotta with Berries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2011
"Our guests loved it and asked for the recipe. I served it in goblets with the fruit on top. Very good."