I enjoy Chinese take-out but not the calories. Here’s an easy, low-fat version that works with orange marmalade, peach or apricot preserves. —Mary Wilhelm, Sparta, Wisconsin
- 2 packages (6.2 ounces each) fried rice mix
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 cups frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions, simmering for 10-15 minutes or just until rice is tender. Remove from the pan.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir shrimp in oil over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; stir in orange marmalade and lemon peel. Add snap peas and rice; heat through, mixing gently to combine. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Orange Shrimp & Rice in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p61
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon-Orange Shrimp & Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review