Lemon Orange Refresher
This cool thirst-quenching beverage is in hot demand around her home in Raymond, California, Jodi Tuell reports. "The tangy flavor of lemon and orange comes through sip after sip in this frosty drink," she says
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen unsweetened orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 15 ice cubes
- 5 long strips orange or lemon peel, twisted into spirals
- In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process
- until slushy. Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with orange or
- lemon spirals. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 124 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk.