Lemon Orange Refresher Recipe
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen unsweetened orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 15 ice cubes
- 5 long strips orange or lemon peel, twisted into spirals
- 1. In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until slushy. Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with orange or lemon spirals. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 124 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk.