Lemon-Orange Iced Tea
"I finally hit on a recipe for iced tea that doesn't have the aftertaste of artificial sweetener," relates Dawn Lowenstein of Hatboro, Pennsylvania. "This tangy drink is perfect for folks who need to monitor their sugar intake."
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 quarts cold water, divided
- 6 individual tea bags
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Crystal Light lemonade drink mix
- 2 cups orange juice
- In a saucepan, bring 1 qt. of water to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Add tea bags and mint; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Discard tea bags and mint. Pour tea into a large pitcher. Add
- lemonade drink mix, orange juice and remaining water; stir well.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice. Yield: 10 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Crystal Light lemonade-flavored low-calorie soft drink mix. Four to six tubs come in one container.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 27 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fruit.