- ingredients. Beat well after each addition. Stir in extracts.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to
- wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add the
- orange juice, lemon juice, peels and extract; beat until well
- blended. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until frosting
- reaches desired spreading consistency. Spread frosting between
- layers and over top and sides of cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 740 calories, 29 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 114 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.