Lemon-on-Lemon Iced Cookies Recipe
I collect recipes from all over the world, and when I find a great one, it goes in a binder to use again and again! —Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 to 6 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and lemon peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Transfer mixture to a clean work surface; knead gently to form a smooth dough, about 2 minutes. (Mixture will be very crumbly at first, but will come together and form a dough as it's kneaded.) Divide dough in half.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll or pat each portion into an 8x6-in. rectangle. Cut rectangle into twelve 2-in. squares; cut squares diagonally in half to form twenty-four triangles. Place 1-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, lemon peel and enough lemon juice to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Lemon-on-Lemon Iced Cookies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC