- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 to 6 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and lemon peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Transfer mixture to a clean work surface; knead gently to form a smooth dough, about 2 minutes. (Mixture will be very crumbly at first, but will come together and form a dough as it's kneaded.) Divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll or pat each portion into an 8x6-in. rectangle. Cut rectangle into twelve 2-in. squares; cut squares diagonally in half to form twenty-four triangles. Place 1-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, lemon peel and enough lemon juice to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-on-Lemon Iced Cookies
Sort By :
Very good. Working the dough was long and tiring but it's worth the work.
It did take some time to get the dough to come together, but it did. The shortbread cookies turned out great. My husband couldn't stop eating them! The friends that I took them to gave them great reviews. YES, I this is a keeper!
First mistake was not looking at the reviews. The dough would not come together it was one big crumbly mess. Pressed it together by hand rolling it only make it fall apart. Recipe going in the trash never want to see it again.
I was able to make the dough form into a beautiful ball by kneading it while it was still in the bowl.
There should be a "maybe" for the question, "Would you make this recipe again?". The dough comes together eventually but it took me more than 2 minutes of kneading. I thought it was putzy to get the cookies sized/shaped. Overall, it was easy & tasty enough but didn't make a lot for my effort.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Lemon Cookies >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >