- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 1/2 medium lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides; remove from pan.
- Add broth to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken to pan. Cook, covered, 5-8 minutes or until pasta is tender and a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon-Olive Chicken with Orzo
Sort By :
Don't know what I did wrong but this was aweful! Weird bitter taste. I think it was cooking the lemon in with it. Or the weird tasting olives. Maybe I got the wrong kind of greek olives.
I made this last week when a friend came over for dinner. She loved it so much I made it again this week but I tripled the batch because she brought her whole family with her. They loved it as well. It is very simple and easy to make and very delicious.
I made this dish for a recent camping trip and my family loved it!! It was easy to make and tasted great!
This is simple, lemony, and delicious! My kids loved it. I substituted capers for olives, which not everyone liked, but the overall dish was a hit. It doesn't make a whole lot, though, so if you have a large family or big eaters you'll need to accompany it with some other stuff.
We LOVE Greek food and this recipe had us shouting "OPA"!
I used skinned, bone-in chicken thighs, and doubled the recipe for my family of four (I'm no fool - I know good stuff when I see it!)
Salad of spring greens with feta, red bell pepper and cucumber in a light vinaigrette rounded out a delightful dinner. Thanks so much for sharing!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >