- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 1/2 medium lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides; remove from pan.
- Add broth to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken to pan. Cook, covered, 5-8 minutes or until pasta is tender and a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon-Olive Chicken with Orzo
Sort By :
"Don't know what I did wrong but this was aweful! Weird bitter taste. I think it was cooking the lemon in with it. Or the weird tasting olives. Maybe I got the wrong kind of greek olives."
"I made this last week when a friend came over for dinner. She loved it so much I made it again this week but I tripled the batch because she brought her whole family with her. They loved it as well. It is very simple and easy to make and very delicious."
"I made this dish for a recent camping trip and my family loved it!! It was easy to make and tasted great!"
"This is simple, lemony, and delicious! My kids loved it. I substituted capers for olives, which not everyone liked, but the overall dish was a hit. It doesn't make a whole lot, though, so if you have a large family or big eaters you'll need to accompany it with some other stuff."
"We LOVE Greek food and this recipe had us shouting "OPA"!I used skinned, bone-in chicken thighs, and doubled the recipe for my family of four (I'm no fool - I know good stuff when I see it!)Salad of spring greens with feta, red bell pepper and cucumber in a light vinaigrette rounded out a delightful dinner. Thanks so much for sharing!"