- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 1/2 medium lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides; remove from pan.
- Add broth to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken to pan. Cook, covered, 5-8 minutes or until pasta is tender and a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon-Olive Chicken with Orzo
Sort By :
"Yuck. Very salty and bitter. I can only blame the olives (I used the canned variety). Since this dish has so much potential, I'll give it another try. I'll either add the olives right before serving or omit them altogether. I'll amend my review if that does the trick."
"Good flavor--my husband said it's his new favorite and wants me to make it again! Pretty simple too--I had to replace the lemon with additional lemon juice since I didn't have a lemon on hand but that was the only change. I substituted 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice for the half of lemon the recipe called for."
"Don't know what I did wrong but this was aweful! Weird bitter taste. I think it was cooking the lemon in with it. Or the weird tasting olives. Maybe I got the wrong kind of greek olives."
"I made this last week when a friend came over for dinner. She loved it so much I made it again this week but I tripled the batch because she brought her whole family with her. They loved it as well. It is very simple and easy to make and very delicious."
"I made this dish for a recent camping trip and my family loved it!! It was easy to make and tasted great!"