This quick recipe is a healthy all-in-one meal. I just add a tossed salad for a menu the entire family loves! —Nancy Brown, Dahinda, Illinois
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 1/2 medium lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides; remove from pan.
- Add broth to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken to pan. Cook, covered, 5-8 minutes or until pasta is tender and a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Olive Chicken with Orzo in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemon-Olive Chicken with Orzo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review