- Cut with a floured star-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, corn
- syrup and lemon juice until smooth. Divide into three bowls. Tint
- one portion red and one portion blue; leave the third portion white.
- Spread over cookies; let stand overnight for glaze to harden. Yield:
- about 5-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 171 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.