Lemon Nut Crescents
"For an evening snack or even for breakfast, these nutty pastries, made from convenient crescent rolls, are terrific," relates field editor Carolyn Kyzer from Alexander, Arkansas.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon thawed lemonade concentrate
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into eight triangles. Spread
- with 1 tablespoon butter. Combine nuts and lemon peel; sprinkle over
- dough. Roll into crescents. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake
- at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine the sugar, sour cream, lemonade concentrate and
- remaining butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring
- occasionally. Brush over warm rolls. Yield: 8 rolls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.