Lemon Nut Crescents Recipe
"For an evening snack or even for breakfast, these nutty pastries, made from convenient crescent rolls, are terrific," relates field editor Carolyn Kyzer from Alexander, Arkansas.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into eight triangles. Spread with 1 tablespoon butter. Combine nuts and lemon peel; sprinkle over dough. Roll into crescents. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the sugar, sour cream, lemonade concentrate and remaining butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Brush over warm rolls. Yield: 8 rolls.
1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC