Lemon Nut Balls
Pat Tubach rolls these soft lemon bites in a crunchy coating of chopped pecans, and they're still a bargain at only 4¢ a piece. "They are nice and easy for young children to help make," suggests the Manhahattan, Kansas reader.
39 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and lemon juice until smooth.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk powder; gradually add to
- butter mixture; beat until smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in nuts. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 110 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.