Comforting kugel is a traditional dessert at our family's Polish Christmas Eve supper. Rich with butter, sugar, sour cream and cinnamon, it suits any special-occasion meal. —Romaine Smith, Garden Grove, Iowa
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and return to the pan. Toss with butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, milk, 3/4 cup sugar and extracts until well blended. Stir in noodles.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over noodle mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Noodle Kugel in Country Woman February/March 2008, p27
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Noodle Kugel
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review