Lemon Mustard Chicken with Almonds Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced almonds
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine gelatin, butter, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Brush over both sides of the chicken breasts and place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining mixture around chicken.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, basting once. Uncover; baste and sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 321 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1231mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein .
Reviews for Lemon Mustard Chicken with Almonds
"Very good inexpensive sweet & sour chicken recipe!"
"A nice change, flavourful. You need to use a good quality curry powder."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.