Lemon Mustard Chicken with Almonds
I love sweet-and-sour flavoring and came up with this version to capture that taste in chicken. The gelatin and mustard make an attractive golden sauce.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced almonds
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin, butter, mustard, garlic salt and
- pepper. Brush over both sides of the chicken breasts and place in an
- ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining mixture around
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, basting once. Uncover;
- baste and sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer
- or until juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 321 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,231 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.