- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time; shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add 1/3 cup broth to the pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the remaining flour and broth until smooth; stir into the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in lemon juice. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Lemon Mushroom Chicken
Sort By :
I make this recipe a lot and my family loves it!!!!! Delicious!
Quick, easy, and healthy recipe. Will definitely make again!
Delicious, easy, low cal
I jazzed this up by adding poultry seasoning to the flour coating, adding minced garlic to the pan with the chicken, and a splash of white wine todeglaze the pan. I also used 1 cup broth instead of 1/3 cup. This was easy and delicious. Everyone liked it.