Lemon Mousse Cornucopias Recipe
- 20 ice cream sugar cones
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Fresh mint leaves and lemon peel strips, optional
- 1. Cover sugar cones with foil; lightly spray with cooking spray. Cut pastry into 1-in.-wide strips; wrap strips around prepared cones, sealing seams. Brush with egg; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing pastry from cones to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice and water; let stand for 1 minute or until softened. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; stir in lemon peel.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; add gelatin mixture. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or until thickened.
- 5. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into lemon mixture. Pipe into pastry cones; garnish with mint leaves and lemon peel strips if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
1 each: 417 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Mousse Cornucopias
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.