Lemon Mousse Cornucopias Recipe
- 20 ice cream sugar cones
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Fresh mint leaves and lemon peel strips, optional
- 1. Cover sugar cones with foil; lightly spray with cooking spray. Cut pastry into 1-in.-wide strips; wrap strips around prepared cones, sealing seams. Brush with egg; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing pastry from cones to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice and water; let stand for 1 minute or until softened. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; stir in lemon peel.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; add gelatin mixture. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or until thickened.
- 5. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into lemon mixture. Pipe into pastry cones; garnish with mint leaves and lemon peel strips if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
1 each: 417 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (14g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Lemon Mousse Cornucopias
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.