- 20 ice cream sugar cones
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Fresh mint leaves and lemon peel strips, optional
- Cover sugar cones with foil; lightly spray with cooking spray. Cut pastry into 1-in.-wide strips; wrap strips around prepared cones, sealing seams. Brush with egg; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing pastry from cones to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice and water; let stand for 1 minute or until softened. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; stir in lemon peel.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; add gelatin mixture. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or until thickened.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into lemon mixture. Pipe into pastry cones; garnish with mint leaves and lemon peel strips if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Mousse Cornucopias in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p149
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Mousse Cornucopias
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review