Lemon-Mint Pound Cake with Strawberries Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1. Place sugar and mint in a small food processor; cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 4-1/2 teaspoons mint mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour alternately with 1/4 cup of the cream. Stir in lemon juice and peel.
- 3. Pour into a greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 tablespoon mint mixture; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in lemon curd; set aside.
- 5. In another bowl, combine strawberries with remaining mint mixture and confectioners' sugar. Slice cake; serve with strawberry mixture and lemon cream. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 542 calories, 31g fat (18g saturated fat), 162mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Mint Pound Cake with Strawberries
"Lemon mint pound cake with strawberries is a family favourite in our home. We make it for special occasions and we will definitely be keeping this recipe."
"Made this tonight, very good! I used the lemon curd as more of a spread rather than mixing it in with the whipped cream. It was very pretty and tasty."
"With the exception of a few items, most ingrediens may be found in your pantry already. If recipe is followed correctly, it's a "piece of cake!""