Lemon Mint Curd
I like to "dress up" ordinary recipes with my fresh, homegrown herbs. This minty lemon curd is a family favorite! Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
28 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- Place sugar and mint leaves in a food processor; process until
- In a large heavy saucepan, whisk eggs, sugar mixture, lemon juice and
- lemon peel until blended. Add butter; cook over medium heat,
- whisking constantly, until mixture is just thick enough to coat a
- metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 170°. Do not allow
- to boil. Immediately stir in minced mint.
- Transfer to a bowl; cool. Press plastic wrap onto surface of lemon
- curd; refrigerate until cold. Serve or transfer to covered jars and
- refrigerate up to 2 weeks. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.