Lemon Mint Cooler
Chava Karlovich of Monroe, Connecticut shares this fizzy warm-weather beverage that blends sherbet and ginger ale with tangy ice cubes made with lemon juice and chopped mint. It's sure to hit the spot when served with a meal or as an afternoon refresher.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 medium lemons, sliced
- 1/2 cup lemon sherbet, softened
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- For mint ice cubes, combine the water, mint and lemon juice; pour
- into two ice cube trays. Freeze until set. In a pitcher, combine
- the lemons and sherbet; slowly stir in ginger ale. Add the mint ice
- cubes. Yield: about 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 104 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.