- Remove from the heat. Stir about half of the hot mixture into the egg
- yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle
- boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently
- stir in lemon juice and lemon peel. Cool to room temperature without
- stirring. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, fill meringue shells with lemon mixture. Garnish
- with lemon slices and mint. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One tart equals 196 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now