- eggs, sugar, lemon juice and peel until blended. Add butter; cook,
- whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back
- of a metal spoon. Transfer to a small bowl; cool for 10 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, spoon lemon curd into the center of cookies.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Prepare the meringues a few days before. Store in an airtight container. Lemon curd can be made the day before serving. Cover and refrigerate.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 38 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.