Lemon Meringue Pie Cocktail
Don't let the light lemon flavor and the rich, creamy texture fool you. This cool, smooth drink is an adult only indulgence. Make your own limoncello (recipe on page xxx) or purchase in the liquor section of your supermarket. For a version see the recipe variation below.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 lemon wedge
- Coarse yellow and white sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups ice cubes
- 3 ounces limoncello
- 1 ounce half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon sorbet
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Rub lemon wedge around the rim of a martini glass; dip rim in coarse
- sugar. Set aside.
- Fill a shaker three-fourths full with ice. Add the limoncello, cream,
- sorbet and lemon juice to shaker; cover and shake for 10-15 seconds
- or until condensation forms on outside of shaker. Strain into
- prepared glass. Yield: 1 serving.
Lemon Meringue Pie Mocktail Substitute 1/3 cup lemonade for the limoncello.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 372 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.