Lemon Meringue Ice Cream Pie Recipe
This pretty pie has it all—a graham cracker-pecan crust that's layered with vanilla ice cream and lemon curd and then frozen. Golden-brown meringue adds the finishing touch.Dana Hinck, Pensacola, Florida
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Spread 2 cups ice cream into the crust. Freeze for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine lemon curd and lemon juice. Spread over ice cream and freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Top with remaining ice cream. Freeze for 2 hours or until set.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar. With a hand mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating over low heat until mixture reaches 160°, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; beat until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Immediately spread meringue over ice cream, sealing to edges of pie. Heat with a kitchen torch or broil 8 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Freeze for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Meringue Ice Cream Pie in Country Woman June/July 2012, p36
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Meringue Ice Cream Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Pies >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Lemon Meringue Pie >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >