Lemon Meringue Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Combine cracker crumbs, pecans, sugar and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Freeze 30 minutes.
- 2. Spread 2 cups ice cream into the crust. Freeze 30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine lemon curd and lemon juice. Spread over ice cream and freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Top with remaining ice cream. Freeze 2 hours or until set.
- 3. In a large heavy saucepan, combine egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar. With a hand mixer, beat on low speed 1 minute. Continue beating over low heat until mixture reaches 160°, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; beat until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 4. Immediately spread meringue over ice cream, sealing to edges of pie. Heat with a kitchen torch or broil 8 in. from the heat 3-5 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Freeze at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 499 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Meringue Ice Cream Pie
"I enjoy having dinner guest and trying out new dessert recipes. This was a hit with all! It is actually quite light. It is time consuming due to refreezing after each step, but it is simple to make. It was the first time I had made meringue by cooking egg whites and was very happy with the results!"
"will try sometime"
"This is going to take more then 1 quart of ice cream. If you spread 2 cups of ice cream into the crust that leaves nothing left.....there are only 2 cups in a quart. I am making now for tonight will let you know how it tastes....sounds delicious. I will give in a real rating then..."
"This looks amazing cant wait to try it"
"Going to have to make this soon. So yummy for a hot summer dessert."