- beating over low heat until mixture reaches 160°, about 8
- minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; beat until stiff glossy peaks
- form and sugar is dissolved.
- Immediately spread meringue over ice cream, sealing to edges of pie.
- Heat with a kitchen torch or broil 8 in. from the heat 3-5 minutes
- or until meringue is lightly browned. Freeze at least 1 hour before
- serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 499 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.