- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake; split
- into two horizontal layers. Place cake bottom on an ovenproof plate.
- Spread with lemon curd; replace cake top.
- For meringue, in a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on
- medium until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon
- at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is
- dissolved. Spread over top and sides of cake. Bake at 350° for
- 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield:
- 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 238 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.