Lemon Mascarpone Cheesecake Recipe
This is a beautiful treat for Easter because of its light color and mild lemon flavor. Friends and family enjoy it so much that I make it often.
- 1-1/2 cups biscotti crumbs (about 8 biscotti)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) Mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate
- 1. In a small bowl, combine biscotti crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cheeses and sugar until smooth. Beat in the lemon juice, flour, lemon peel and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- 4. Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool for 30 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile, soak apricots in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and discard liquid. In a small saucepan, bring the apricots, cold water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-14 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from the heat; stir in marmalade. Cool to room temperature.
- 6. Carefully spread topping over cheesecake; cool 30 minutes longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 7. In a microwave, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cheesecake. Let stand for 15 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 14 servings.
1 slice: 347 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Mascarpone Cheesecake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC