Lemon Marmalade Recipe
- 3 medium lemons
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 4 cups sugar
- 1. Peel rind from lemons and grapefruit; cut into thin strips, about 1 in. long. Set aside fruit.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, combine water and citrus peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until peel is softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3. Trim white pith from reserved lemons and grapefruit; discard pith. Cut lemons and grapefruit into segments, discarding membranes and seeds. Chop pulp, reserving juices; stir into reserved peel mixture.
- 4. Add pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 5. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into six hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 6. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 6 half-pints.
2 tablespoons: 67 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 17g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Lemon Marmalade
"How long will it take to firm up once you remove it from the simmering water?"
"Mine is not even close to being firm, and I had enough for 8 jars not 6.Haven't made anything like this for many years but very disappointed to spend that much time and have it not turn out."