Lemon-Marinated Antipasto Recipe
When I found this make-ahead recipe, it spoke to my Italian heart. I like to serve crusty Italian bread on the side to soak up the awesome dressing.—Nancy Beckman, Helena, Montana
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1. Cook sausages according to package directions; cool slightly. Meanwhile, whisk together lemon peel, lemon juice, oil, basil, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- 2. Slice sausages and place in a large bowl; add peppers and olives. Toss with dressing. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 3. Remove sausage mixture from refrigerator; stir in cheese. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
1/2 cup: 250 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 533mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Marinated Antipasto
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC