Lemon-Marinated Antipasto Recipe
When I found this make-ahead recipe, it spoke to my Italian heart. I like to serve crusty Italian bread on the side to soak up the awesome dressing.—Nancy Beckman, Helena, Montana
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, about 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Cool; cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, peppers and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, basil, Italian seasoning, lemon peel and garlic. Pour over the sausage mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Remove from the refrigerator and stir in cheese 30 minutes before serving. Arrange on a serving platter. Yield: 15 servings (1/2 cup each).
1/2 cup equals 219 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Marinated Antipasto
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC