Lemon-Marinated Antipasto Recipe
When I found this make-ahead recipe, it spoke to my Italian heart. I like to serve crusty Italian bread on the side to soak up the awesome dressing.Nancy Beckman, Helena, Montana
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, about 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Cool; cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, peppers and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, basil, Italian seasoning, lemon peel and garlic. Pour over the sausage mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and stir in cheese 30 minutes before serving. Arrange on a serving platter. Yield: 15 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Lemon-Marinated Antipasto in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p176
Reviews for Lemon-Marinated Antipasto(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Antipasto >
- Appetizers >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Make Ahead Appetizers >
- Make-Ahead Finger Foods >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >