Lemon-Maple Butternut Squash Recipe
- 1 butternut squash (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish, cut side down. Add water.
- 2. Bake, covered, until squash is tender, 50-60 minutes. Cool slightly. Scoop out pulp and place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; beat until smooth. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 186 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 8g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Maple Butternut Squash
"I tried this recipe to see if it would suit my family. It did - and I added it to the list of things I was taking to my brother-in-law's house for Thanksgiving. It was very well received, and I gave away my recipe! I will be making this again many times."