Lemon-Macadamia Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Even kids enjoy brussels sprouts when they're prepared like this! The subtle lemon flavor and crunchy macadamia nuts give the side dish plenty of appeal. —Marcia Doyle, Pompano, Florida
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Place Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat until butter is melted. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in the vinegar, tarragon, basil, salt and pepper. Add Brussels sprouts; stir to coat. Transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle with nuts and drizzle with lemon juice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 280 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Macadamia Brussels Sprouts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC