Even kids enjoy brussels sprouts when they're prepared like this! The subtle lemon flavor and crunchy macadamia nuts give the side dish plenty of appeal. —Marcia Doyle, Pompano, Florida
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat until butter is melted. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in the vinegar, tarragon, basil, salt and pepper. Add Brussels sprouts; stir to coat. Transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle with nuts and drizzle with lemon juice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Macadamia Brussels Sprouts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p53
Reviews for Lemon-Macadamia Brussels Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review