- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon juice, peel and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, beat the sour cream and butter until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Drizzle over the cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Lover's Pound Cake
Sort By :
"Love this recipe!"
"This cake is amazing, I used fresh lemons. This cake is awesome as written, I only changed one thing, I used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream in the cake, and I left sour cream out in the glaze. I have it in my glass cake plate its better the second day when all that lemon flavor has a chance to blend. It actually makes my mouth water just thinking about it."
"This is one of the best and easiest cake that I have ever made. a real crowd pleaser."
"I took this to my volunteer group and they absolutely loved it. There were many request for the recipe. I added a little more lemon juice than called for to make it extra lemony but the recipe is perfect as is."